Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer = Lake

Apparently not all states share the same love of the lake as we in Texans do. In my great state however, the only thing comes close to topping the lake during the summer months is floating the river...hell there are songs about it. So this memorial day weekend guess what we all did? We headed to our favorite or closest body of water....for some of us that meant heading down to Comal County or to Possum Kingdom, for me however it took me out to Eagle Mountain Lake with some new friends I didn't know all that well.

This was only my second lake trip this summer. For some reason I just haven't made it out as much as I would like. So when my friend of a friend I met at the bar during a Jason Boland concert invited me to head to his lake house I jumped at the chance. Sure I didn't know him but as my friends have said, "I'm the sassy one, who plays by her own rules" Lame but true, I've always just done what I want and you can come with or I can solo..I'm a big girl.

But back to the lake! So what makes the lake so great? You get out there around noon, take your boat out, pack your cooler full of Coors Light, Drink in the sun, cruise around, tube, wake board, head to Party Cove and tie up (every lake has one, but sometimes they are called something else) float and drink around party cove listening to music. Once your cooler is empty you head back to the docks load up the cooler, eat, drink, layout, float, take the boat back out...around then the sun goes down. So then you eat some more...half way get ready. No shower needed and you head to the local lake bar.

People are still in swim suits and cover ups and drunk and sun burnt...and they're are always old people, but it's so much fun! Drunk locals try and start fights, fat girls enter wet t-shirt contests.

After the bars you go back to the house and down to the dock and continue drinking just to pass out, wake up and do it again.

Cold beer, hot days, water, friends...Summer = Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment